BIO-STRATEGY COVID-19 PANDEMIC MANAGEMENT PLAN
Dear Valued Customer,
Bio-Strategy is committed to ensuring the Health and Safety of both our Staff, Customers and the wider community.
To ensure that we act appropriately as a business, we have been, and will continue to follow the advice for
management of the COVID-19 virus from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
Staff have been advised of the following safe work practices and international travel has been restricted.
Safe Work Practices
Staff have been provided with the following instructions regarding work practices –
- • Practise good Hand Hygiene
- • Cover Coughs and Sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
- • Staff who visit customer sites are to follow the Health and Safety requirements of that site. This includes
not attending site if requested to do so.
- • If staff have the symptoms listed below they have been advised to stay at home and call the Healthline to
obtain medical advice. They are not to return to work until they are cleared by a medical practitioner to do
- o fever
- o coughing
- o difficulty breathing
- o fatigue (feeling tired and weak)
- • All International Travel - excluding Trans-tasman flights is now on hold until further notice
- • Trans-Tasman and Domestic Flights are restricted to essential travel only
- • If staff are travelling personally to a Category 1a/1b or 2 country then they must check the MOH website
for the latest status on self isolation from these countries prior to returning to work. They are not able to
return to work until their self-isolation period is complete and they are well.
Management of the Supply Chain and Business Continuity
Bio-Strategy is also working closely with our supply partners to do our utmost to ensure continuity of supply.
However, as this is a constantly changing unprecedented situation with no clear end in sight, we cannot offer an
absolute guarantee that there will be no disruption to the supply chain. We are continuously checking with our
key suppliers to gain an understanding of their current situation. In the event that we see a supply risk with a
particular supplier then, where possible we will put in place appropriate risk mitigation to minimise or eliminate the
From a business continuity perspective – Bio-Strategy are well placed to manage a situation that requires
workplaces to reduce contact between staff or where there is significant staff illness. The information below is an
overview of the current management plan for Bio-Strategy Limited (BSL).
Maintenance of Essential Services
- • BSL business systems are cloud based. This enables staff to remotely access our ERP and CRM systems.
This allows orders and enquiries to be processed remotely.
- • The majority of staff can work remotely via laptop and access to the Cloud based systems.
- • There are spare laptops available to issue to those staff with desk top PCs if required.
- • BSL has a large operation in Australia with sufficient personnel to remotely access the New Zealand
business and perform all of the operational functions if necessary.
- • Maintenance of the Supply Chain – BSL will work with our suppliers and freight forwarders to reduce as
much as possible any impact to the supply chain. BSL has a wide variety of suppliers and in many
instances may be able to offer an alternative product if there is disruption to a particular product.
Engineering Service Support
- • Service personnel are located regionally through New Zealand in the following locations – Auckland,
Waikato, Wellington and Christchurch.
- • Staff will be able to move across their assigned regions if required to attend jobs and MOH guidelines do
not restrict staff movements.
- • Appropriate personal protective equipment will be provided to the service team to minimise their exposure
if they are required to attend a service job.
Goods Receipt and Despatch
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
- • The Warehouse team are the only team that would be required to be onsite to receipt and despatch goods.
- • Appropriate personal protective equipment will be provided to the warehouse staff to enable them to
conduct their day to day duties.
- • BSL supplies Rely+On™ Virkon™ - a virucidal inactivator proven to be effective against Cornavius.
Worksurfaces will be disinfected with Rely+On™ Virkon™ on a daily basis.
- • Contact with external parties (eg delivery drivers) will be managed as per MOH guidelines.
13th March 2020